[kdepim-users] K3b headache

Franco Pellegrini frapell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 16:14:19 BST 2008

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 11:58 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> Greetings;
>
>  Yeah, I know, k3b is off topic on this list.  But for one question that I know
>  has to be bugging lots more folks than me, play along & humor this ole fart.
>
>  For about the last year, k3b has refused to give the drive time to recognize
>  the disk after a reload of the disk for a burn that has the verify box
>  checked.  It spits out the disk, then immediately reloads it, and only about
>  3 seconds later, and a good 40 seconds before the drive has accepted the
>  disk, k3b spits out a no disk error and the chance to verify the burn is
>  lost, leaving me to figure out how many 2048 byte blocks are in the image,
>  and concoct a cli that will do the verify, which by the time I verify the src
>  image too, is about an extra hour to burn a disk that burns in 10 minutes.
>  The disk has a good sha1sum when the dust and foul language has settled.
>
>  Is there an *rc or .conf file someplace where I could specify that it should
>  wait till the drive has accepted the disk and is ready to read it?  The
>  current scenario is leading to an overdose of aspirin.
>
>  Thanks.
>
>  --
>  Cheers, Gene
>  "There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
>   soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
>  -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
>         "Have you lived here all your life?"
>         "Oh, twice that long."

I do not have a solution for your problem, i'm afraid, but just wanted
to let you know, you're not alone in the headaches caused by k3b...
I'm currently having problems with the "verify" option... the thing is
that when it finishes, the DVD (or CD, whatever) gets out, but is
never loaded again... loading it manually doesn't work also... it just
waits and waits and i have to cancel it... :-( very frustrating...

anyway... good luck with that :-)

cheers,
Franco

--
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World
War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein