[kdepim-users] filter outgoing messages

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Apr 14 23:19:36 BST 2008

On Monday 14 April 2008, Gabriele Brosulo wrote:
> Hi all!
> With procmail I'm now able to filter my incoming messages into my
> imap folders. Now I want to filter also my sent messages, using the
> 'to' field (or the subject).
> Is this a Kmail or a procmail issue? How can I reach that goal?

I think that's best done in KMail. Simply define a bunch of filters for
which "Apply this filter to sent messages" is enabled (on the Advanced
page) and "Apply this filter to incoming messages" and "Apply this
filter on manual filtering" is disabled. You might want to enable the
latter for testing your filters. Moreover, for testing the filters the
Filter Log Viewer (in the Tools menu) might be useful.