[kdepim-users] Start/Stop kontact trough scripts in E16

Mon Apr 7 05:51:04 BST 2008

On Monday 07 April 2008 09:52:51 Jean-Phi wrote:
> even as root, which is not my purpose:
> [root at DC266 ~]# kquitapp kontact
> -bash: kquitapp: command not found
>
> HMM... that's either a script from kde, or you, or your distro, or an addon
> app that's not available in Fedora7 repositories... as it starts with a 'K'
> I tried without it too. Unknown Command.

Its binary executable and definitely not a distro thingy. Since i use kde4
full time and do not have kde3 installed, kquitapp is located here
at /usr/lib/kde4/bin/kquitapp

> Thanks kitts
> I wonder where this kquitapp thingy came from.

I'm not sure if its a new introduction in kde4. In kubuntu kde4, kquitapp
comes from the package "kdebase-runtime".
--
Cheers!
kitts