[kdepim-users] bug or just freak behavior

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 07:20:27 BST 2008

Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 03 April 2008, you wrote:

>>> I had a quick look at the source code and cannot see anything that
>>> could cause this behavior. To find out when exactly the sent-mail
>>> folder changes you can make the sent-mail folder selection visible
>>> in the composer via the View menu.
>>>
>>> BTW, which distribution are you using?
>> I took me some time to follow this up and I used the function to show
>> the "sent-mail" folder in outgoing mail.
>> Turns out it is NOT when I change subject but if I change IDENTITY
>> that it reverts to the "sent mail" folder from the "originating"
>> folder.
>
> That's because one can specify a special sent-mail folder for each
> identity. But if no special sent-mail folder is set for an identity
> then IMO the currently set sent-mail folder (i.e. the "originating"
> folder) should not be changed. I suggest to submit a bug report for
> this via Help->Report Bug or directly at http://bugs.kde.org.
Thanks Ingo, I started to suspect something like that might be the case.
But I can not really see that as a bug, it is more a matter of what
takes priority. The rule for an Identity or the rule for a folder? I
guess from my opinion the folder should "overrule" the Identity but
others may differ.

Anyone feel like giving their vote on this? Should I file this as a bug
or consider it proper implementation of rules?

Sinclair