[kdepim-users] Treo 700p problems resolved.

Tom Cada thomas.cada at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 18:27:05 BST 2008

I am finally getting good results in syncing my Treo 700p. I have
downloaded the current stable version of kpilot, linked it with
pilot-link 12.2, compiled and installed it and it works fine.

I have included the following in /etc/udev/rules.d as 10-palm.rules:

BUS=="usb", SYSFS{product}=="Palm Handheld*|Handspring *",
KERNEL=="ttyUSB*", NAME="ttyUSB%n", SYMLINK="pilot", GROUP="uucp",
MODE="0666"

This seems to work fine. the daemon recognizes the device when it is
hot synced every time.

The environment is

Version: KPilot 4.9.4-3510 (elsewhere)
Version: pilot-link 0.12.2
Version: KDE 3.5.9 "release 57.2"
Version: Qt 3.3.8b

I am using /dev/pilot for the device.

I could not get the syncing to work at all using the version that
comes with openSUSE 10.3.

I have a question now

-  The location is not copied from the palm to the calendar file in a
hot sync. Is this a known issue?

Thanks... Tom.