[kdepim-usability] New conflict resolution GUI

Till Adam adam at kde.org
Sun Sep 19 02:45:17 CEST 2004

Hey folks,

the kolab resource will soon sport a dialog for conflict resolution, which we
then hope to make use of for other resources as well. The problem this is
trying to solve is the following:

- Person A and B have an event in their calendar
- Person A changes something and syncs
- Person B changes the same event differently and syncs as well
- conflict is detected and Person B needs to make a decision which version
  to keep or to keep both versions

At the below address is a screenshot of the way this is currently implemented
in the Kolab resource as part of proko2. I'm not really happy with the
dialog, so I thought that I'd ask here for some input as to how to do that
better in HEAD, when I port this. The little satelite windows show the
details of the two events and open when one clicks on the Details... buttons.

http://www.hubbahubba.de/stuff/Kontact-conflict-resolution.png

Any feedback appreciated.

Till