[Akonadi] [Bug 441715] New: So many bugs. Is it still maintained ?
bugzilla_noreply at kde.org
Sun Aug 29 20:16:03 BST 2021
Bug ID: 441715
Summary: So many bugs. Is it still maintained ?
Platform: Neon Packages
Component: MBox Resource
Assignee: kdepim-bugs at kde.org
Reporter: bleck at laposte.net
Target Milestone: ---
The MBox Ressource is broken since so many years. Last time it worked fine for
me was on Debian Wheezy… I gave it a try on many clean installed systems :
Debian 9, Debian 10, Kubuntu 20.40.1 and now Neon 5.22.4.
There are so many bugs that it seems that this component is not maintained. If
someone is ready to do it, I can help filling bugs. A good starting point for a
maintainer could to create an Mbox resource attached to the mailutils user's
mailbox (/var/mail/<user>) through the Kmail configuration interface.
A short list of bugs :
- Can't *choose* /var/mail/<user> (have to *type* it)
- Can't predictably give a display name to the resource (sometimes 2 ressources
are simultaneously displayed in Kmail pointing to the same ressource)
- Can't compress the resource (the bug I describe next)
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Select Mbox resource in Kmail (displays it's content OK)
2. Right-click account settings
3. Choose compact frequency tab
4. Click Compress now
- displays "failed to load the mbox file"
- the file is not compressed
- compresses the resource (emptying the file)
- compact now is greyed
Linux/KDE Plasma: KDE Neon 5.22
(available in About System)
KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.85.0
Qt Version: 5.15.3
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
More information about the Kdepim-bugs