Question About Version of Kdenlive Which Doesn't Render 4K MP4 in HEVC Codec

Camille Moulin camille.moulin at free.fr
Thu Nov 2 08:50:58 GMT 2023

Hi Dan,
Le 15/10/2023 à 18:49, Dan Dbesh a écrit :
> [...]
> I wanted to ask which version of Kdenlive does not render a 4K MP4
> file in the HEVC Codec.
>
> The HEVC codec is not what I'm after, and the problem is that the
> current version of Kdenlive only offers the HEVC codec for a 4K MP4
> file render.
>
> It would be great if you could help me with finding the answer to this
> question.

You can use any MP4 preset you want to render your 4K projects (you can
also create a custom one, if none of the existing fits your needs
https://docs.kdenlive.org/en/exporting/render.html#rendering-dialog ) .
The preset category is only to guide you to the ones that are more
appropriate for this resolution.

HTH,

Camille