(kdenlive) Slow and poor AV1 rendering

Narcis Garcia debianlists at actiu.net
Tue Jan 17 09:59:18 GMT 2023

Hello, same 50' project with Kdenlive 22.12.0 on same computer:

A) By using "MPEG4-ASP/MP3 (DivX compatible)" profile: 21 mins resulting
579 MiB file

B) By using "WebM-AV1/Opus" profile: 2 days 9 hours resulting 715 MiB file

C) By using "MP4-H265 (HEVC)" profile (preset=slow): 33 mins resulting
213 MiB file

D) By using "H.264 (libx264+aac)" profile (lossless): 15 mins resulting
5849 MiB file

$ ffmpeg -i lossless-rendered.mp4 -c:v libaom-av1 -strict -2 -c:a
libopus rendered-converted.webm

: 3 days resulting 286 MiB file

What can I do to get a <300 MiB file in less than an hour from rendering
to AV1/Opus?
And does anyone know how to make faster ffmpeg conversions to AV1/Opus?
(I can only use libaom and libopus for this)

--

Narcis Garcia