SVG Transformations: Where?

Dan Dennedy ddennedy at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 00:44:24 GMT 2023

On Fri, Dec 15, 2023 at 12:16 PM Julius Künzel <
jk.kdedev at smartlab.uber.space> wrote:

> In
> https://github.com/mltframework/mlt/blob/3ffb57b99a62a6cd356e6548f233d4f683a4b21c/src/modules/core/loader.dict#L45
> you can see that the qimage module of MLT is used for SVG files hence I
> suggest to use this as a starting point to investigate your issue further
> through the code base of MLT and maybe Qt.

MLT just uses the Qt library for this, which is limited SVG Tiny 1.2, which
is quite limited (the Qt 6 version has not changed since recent Qt 5
versions):
https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/svgrendering.html

I think librsvg is available through GDK pixbuf, and there is also a gdk
module in MLT to access this. However, you can see in the link above that
Qt is used at a higher priority than pixbuf for SVG.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Librsvg