Article on Kdenlive and Shotcut in a Swiss magazine

Mehdi Haghgoo powergame_coder2 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 11:25:14 BST 2022

Hi Christoph,
You seen to be a professional video editor. Most of your terminology are unfamiliar to me, though I have been using Kdenlive for years. It makes me think that Kdenlive is really a good video solution, which is even used by professionals.
Thank you for using Kdenlive,
And many thanks to Kdenlive creators!
Regards,Mehdi

  On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 14:40, Christoph Schäfer<christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:   Hi all,

I recently wrote an article about Kdenlive and Shotcut for the Swiss PUBLISHER magazine in German (three pages in the print edition). Link: https://publisher.ch/2022/06/20/luzern-ist-nicht-hollywood-nicht-linearer-videoschnitt-mit-freier-software/

Since I didn't want to subscribe to yet another ML, I hope this message gets through, and I also hope you like the article.

If I had a few wishes fulfilled by your amazing programme, these would be:

1) Support for OpenFX plug-ins

2) Support for OpenEXR

3) Bins like in Avid (Kdenlive is already close)

4) More organising and commenting features like those available in Avid.

5) Since I'm coming from image editing and love to use the G'MIC plug-in, which can also be applied to video, enabling G'MIC for Kdenlive would be a major feat.

6) A more unified and intuitive way to do colour corrections, like in DaVinci.

These are not demands but rather friendly suggestions.

Kind regards and thanks for your amazing work,
Christoph