Article on Kdenlive and Shotcut in a Swiss magazine

Eugen Mohr eugen.mohr at gmx.net
Mon Jun 27 11:07:42 BST 2022

Hi Christoph

I'm Eugen Mohr from the Kdenlive core team. Thank you for the link and
the nice article. Yes Kdenlive get more and more stable and we think we
implement features to help the user making great videos. I ask the team
about your 5 "wishes" and here are the answers:

1) and 5) There is already an alpha implementation of openfx and gmic.
https://discuss.pixls.us/t/gmic-for-openfx-and-adobe-plugins/452/114?u=frd.
This depends on the MLT integration as well.

2) OpenEXR: write support recently landed in FFmpeg, so this might be
something possible.
The problem with openEXR files is that they are HUGE so if there is no
way to offload playback to GPU the experience is not very nice. Also
usually they have more than 8bit color depth...

3) Bins: We have a task for that. Please make some details on what is
missing so I can add it to the task.

4) Organizing and commenting features: Please explain more in details
what is missing.

6) Color corrections. Primary and secondary color correction is possible
already. We know it's not the best implementation so far. Let's see if
we can improve it.

Best regards

Eugen Mohr