Decrease barrier to entry by adding install instructions to download page

Noah Haskell nstephenh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 16:46:55 GMT 2022

Hello,
A friend of mine tried to install kdenlive from
https://kdenlive.org/en/download/ on Ubuntu today, and as they don't have
much Linux experience they added the PPA but then did not know why they
didn't have the app (they didn't install it, just added the PPA as there
were no further instructions).

Based on this experience and the experience of Linus in Linus Tech Tip's
Linux challenge series (https://youtu.be/0506yDSgU7M), I was wondering if
the download page could be updated to explain how to install the version of
kdenlive from the ppa. If there is a git repo of this, I'd be happy to make
an attempt at submitting a patch for more verbose instructions, but at a
quick glance I could only find the source code and the read the docs page.

Thank you for your time,
Noah