"Problem adding effect to clip"

amindfv at mailbox.org amindfv at mailbox.org
Tue Jul 6 21:53:15 BST 2021

On Tue, Jul 06, 2021 at 08:57:59PM +0200, Camille wrote:

> Le 06/07/2021 à 05:32, amindfv at mailbox.org a écrit :
> > [...] Can anyone confirm they have Movit transitions working with a recent Kdenlive version? (Or confirm they have Movit effects but not transitions on a recent version).
>
> Yes they kind of work, but are still unstable. When you enable Movit, you've
> got this unambiguous warning : "Experimental GPU processing enabled - not
> for production"

Thanks so much for confirming. "Kind of" working is so much better for me than not working at all.

Does "kind of" working mean there are sporadic crashes, or something more? I can definitely live with occasional random crashes.

> One thing that may help you with performance problems in the new versions is
> subresolution preview in the monitor (menu at the bottom left). You can test
> that in the appimage to see  if that is relevant for your configuration.

This does help but it doesn't get me anywhere near where GPU rendering does, unfortunately.

Thanks!
Tom