"Problem adding effect to clip"

amindfv at mailbox.org amindfv at mailbox.org
Tue Jul 6 04:32:32 BST 2021

On Mon, Jul 05, 2021 at 11:03:40PM +0200, Camille wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Unfortunately, there  are deep rooted  problems with Movit effects, so I'm
> afraid you'd get similar issues even with newer versions.
>
> In general, you can easily try recent versions by downloading Appimage
> versions, but it seems that Movit is not available in those.

It does appear the current AppImage is built without Movit support. Can anyone confirm they have Movit transitions working with a recent Kdenlive version? (Or confirm they have Movit effects but not transitions on a recent version). This is very important for a project I'm about to embark on - help would be much appreciated!

> PS : you might still want to use newer versions, as many cool features have
> been added.

Yes! Small thing but I'm particularly happy to be asked if I want to change the project settings to match clip size/frame rate. So far the newer version feels slicker and more stable too.

Tom