Orm Finnendahl orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Wed Feb 3 18:21:40 GMT 2021

Hi,

 using kdenlive 20.12.1, I can't open a project created with kdenlive
19.12.3 The program hangs during loading of clips with the progress
bar at 88%.

The terminal (after a lot of output) shows the following last lines before
it hangs:

<...>
qml: loaded clip with Astream:  1
qml: loaded clip:  46576 , ID:  437 , index:  1 , TYPE: AV
qml: loaded clip with Astream:  1
qml: loaded clip:  46796 , ID:  438 , index:  1 , TYPE: AV
qml: loaded clip with Astream:  1
qml: loaded clip:  1443 , ID:  270 , index:  2 , TYPE: AV

The project still loads fine with the old version. The computer where
it loads fine is equipped with an intel cpu/gpu, the computer, where
it fails, runs on an AMD ryzen architecture. But since the program
starts up with an empty project just fine I assume it's not the
cpu/gpu.

Is there a way how to find out what makes the program hang and maybe
alleviate the problem?

Best,
Orm