Intermediate Rendering Settings

AtomicCanine atomiccanine at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 12:50:52 BST 2020

I congratulate the developers of kdenlive for an outstanding project
which always seems to have something more to discover within it!

My question concerns what I call 'intermediate rendering'.  There are
times I would like to render some portion of the timeline, then
re-import it as a new clip (replacing the old section), or, perhaps
re-use the rendered output of a completely separate project.

What are appropriate rendering settings for these intermediate clips?

I am concerned about re-rendering something which as already been
rendered (I'm using 720p with the included mp4 setting: video 23, audio
192).  I know I can do 'lossless', but that technique makes huge files -
which I would prefer to avoid.

Any advice will be most appreciated!

thank you,

Ed