Rendering does not use full CPU

Tobiasz Karoń unfa00 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 19:49:03 BST 2019

I don't want to go on another rant here, but I've made a whole video about
why Kdenlvie is "not very good" at this point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym1brc2OcYQ

Frei0r effects force single-core frame processing. And I used a lot of them.
GPU acceleration is flaky and never did anything more than crashing for me.
But some claim it works for them.

Have you tried Olive? It does all frame processing on the GPU - it's not
"optional" is the basis. It's snappy!

I think Kdenlive would need to replace it's compositing engine with an
OpenGL-based one to get decent speed - but that's no small task.

Granted - I haven't really tested the 19.x branch too much, so thinks might
be better, but I've heard stability suffered a lot - which is to be
expected after a major core rewrite.
It's all growing pains I guess.

I hope Kdenlive's gonna come out of this stronger and better :)

--
- Tobiasz 'unfa' Karoń

www.youtube.com/unfa000