Dolby Digital 5.1

François Téchené ftechene at yahoo.fr
Thu Sep 19 20:03:00 BST 2019

Hi Geralt,

I am sorry, I don't have a direct answer to that question. However, I
went through the need of handling professional audio quality on one of
my projects.

Usually, when you need to record top quality audio, you don't do that
with the camera and if you ever need to add foley to your movie, the
best workflow that I found is to go through an external audio editor
like Ardour.

Currently, there is no way to export your audio timeline from Kdenlive
to Ardour so I have made a python script that can be called with a
simple command line to achieve that :

https://source.puri.sm/francois.techene/mlt2ardour

It is not perfect, and comments are welcome. It is kind of a hack but it
may help you achieve what you wish to achieve in term of audio quality
in your video project.

Cheers,

Fran??ois