MLT to Ardour

Vincent Pinon vpinon at kde.org
Fri Jun 14 23:06:19 BST 2019

Le vendredi 14 juin 2019, 17:47:42 CEST François Téchené a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> For my latest video project, that I have edited with Kdenlive, I wanted
> to edit the audio, the proper way, using Ardour.
>
> So I made a Python script to export my Kdenlive project to Ardour. I
> needed my edit timeline in Ardour so I could cross fade my audio cuts in
> Ardour.
>
> Here is the repository :
>
> https://source.puri.sm/francois.techene/mlt2ardour
>
> Feel free to use it as a base to integrate the feature in Kdenlive (that
> would be awesome!)
>
> You can also check the making of this project, that I made with free
> software only :
>
> https://puri.sm/posts/see-your-junk-behind-the-scenes/
>
> Thank you!
>
> Fran??ois

Salut François,
Merci beaucoup !!

Congratulations for your work with Purism and thanks for the interesting and rewarding post :)

We are discussing interoperability for a while, and plan to work with OpenTimelineIO (for the full timeline, not only audio, and with several source & target formats)...
But this will come when possible for one of us! (as they announced an eventual move to C++, we were waiting for that, but anticipating with python still could be an interesting 1st step).
We could already link this contribution on our site or even create a dedicated menu (as for the script slicing render jobs into several parallel runs...), before properly integrating the function.

Will you come back to kdenlive café? I believed we hadn't heard from you for a while :)

Cheers,

Vincent