audio normalize

jdd at dodin.org jdd at dodin.org
Thu Jul 4 18:24:13 BST 2019

Le 04/07/2019 à 17:15, Steven Boswell II a écrit :
> On Wednesday, July 3, 2019, 2:28:42 AM MDT, jdd at dodin.org
> <jdd at dodin.org> wrote:
>  >Can somebody point me to a "normalize" doc (the wiki is empty)?
>
> In my opinion, non-linear video editors like kdenlive are best used to
> composite several different clips together, not perform major processing
> on them.

I use it mostly to cut the 4 hours track in clips a song long (or a
medley). Right now I only use "normalize" as effect. I used to do more
like on this (2011) clip:

http://dodin.org/piwigo/picture.php?/139382-20110617_01_rolling/category/4812

but I'm aging and if I still use two or three cams to make the take, I
rarely mix them (it's mostly as backup)

> If you've got an audio file of someone singing, I would recommend fixing
> it first in audacity, then importing the fixed clip into kdenlive.

I know I can do this, but it's a lot of works. Asking kdenlive to make
HD clips from the source on a decent machine (i7, 16Gb ram, ssd) takes
around three time the gig time (and the gig is around 4 hours), only
counting machine time :-(

> First, you'll want to level-compress it, not merely normalize it.
> I recommend Chris' Dynamic Compressor, which can be found at
> https://github.com/theDanielJLewis/dynamic-compressor-for-audacity .
> You can put the compress.ny file into your Audacity plugins folder.
> Normal audio clips can use the default compress ratio of 0.5.
> For speech and vocals, I tend to boost that to 0.75 for better results.
>
> Hope this is helpful.

sure it is, thanks

jdd

--