audio normalize

Steven Boswell II ulatekh at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 4 16:15:07 BST 2019

   On Wednesday, July 3, 2019, 2:28:42 AM MDT, jdd at dodin.org <jdd at dodin.org> wrote: >Can somebody point me to a "normalize" doc (the wiki is empty)?

In my opinion, non-linear video editors like kdenlive are best used to composite several different clips together, not perform major processing on them.
If you've got an audio file of someone singing, I would recommend fixing it first in audacity, then importing the fixed clip into kdenlive.First, you'll want to level-compress it, not merely normalize it.I recommend Chris' Dynamic Compressor, which can be found at https://github.com/theDanielJLewis/dynamic-compressor-for-audacity .You can put the compress.ny file into your Audacity plugins folder.Normal audio clips can use the default compress ratio of 0.5.For speech and vocals, I tend to boost that to 0.75 for better results.
Hope this is helpful.
-Steven

|  |  |

|  |
theDanielJLewis/dynamic-compressor-for-audacity

Chris's Dynamic Compressor plugin for Audacity. Contribute to theDanielJLewis/dynamic-compressor-for-audacity de...