how to get a log ?

farid abdelnour snd.noise at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 01:57:05 GMT 2019

Hi Loïc

Kdenlive is installed on many machines at school but it crash on one of
> them.

I am guessing you are running Linux since you mention Flowblade below, so
which distribution? Which version of Kdenlive? Is it AppImage, PPA, distro
package? Which MLT version is distro package?

If I understand correctly it is happening only with one machine? It must
have the same hardware as the rest right?  Since you

As soon I try to display something on the monitor (even a simple
> generated color), it crash.

Do you have GPU processing turned on? Can you maybe reset all of Kdenlive's
configs. Go to Help -> Reset configuration and see here as well:
https://community.kde.org/Kdenlive/Configuration

> When I import a clip (I try with many formats : MP4, Apple Prores,
> DnxHD,...) and wait for a few seconds, it crash... (without trying to
> display it on the monitor)
>
> I've checked with Flowblade (also based on MLT) and it works.
>
> Is it possible to run Kdenlive with a --debug property or get a log file
> to check where it can come from ?

Can you compile it and run it with GDB? See here:
https://community.kde.org/Kdenlive/Development/KF5#Compile_Kdenlive

Otherwise just run it from the terminal and see if it gives a clue.

> Thanks

 Let us know how that goes...

--
1111.1010.r.i.1101|n.o.i.s.1110|i.m.1010.g.1110|مقاومة
fsf member #5439