Cannot render to file in 18.04.1

Steve Brodie stevebrodie at gmail.com
Sun May 13 06:53:28 UTC 2018

Hi,
I have just found I am unable to render to a file using 18.04.1.

Running Ubuntu 17.10 and Kdenlive 18.04.1
When using the appimage I receive this error when I try to render:

> /tmp/.mount_Py47bm/usr/bin/melt: error while loading shared
> libraries: libmlt.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory

Using 18.04.1 from flatpak the render job just hangs indefinitely
without making any progress-no error message though.

Do I need to install MLT manually or something? Any help would be
welcome!

Thanks,

Steve