Wiki page for building Kdenlive

Camille camille.moulin at free.fr
Tue May 8 17:28:11 UTC 2018

Hello Jean-Baptiste,

Le 08/05/2018 à 09:00, Jean-Baptiste Mardelle a écrit :
> [...]We currently don't have documentation on building for Windows but
> several persons (Vincent and Elie) have done work and I think it would
> be valuable to document their work.
>
> Vincent builds on linux using the MXE cross compilation environment.
> Elie worked on porting MLT to posix for MSVC compilation.
Thanks. I started the page

https://community.kde.org/Kdenlive/Development/WindowsBuild

with these points.

> It would be great if you can get in touch with them and coordinate a
> documentation effort.

Hey @Vincent & @Elie :

Please feel free to throw any raw information / pointers in the
aforementioned Wiki page, or at me directly.

On a related note, it might be a good idea to explicitly mention what
"beta" means in terms of stability on the download page, which currently
just says:
> The beta Windows version can be downloaded from the KDE servers.
(https://kdenlive.org/en/download/ )

Cheers,
Camille