Contributing to Kdenlive

Juku Trump juku.trump at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 23:21:08 BST 2018

Hi,

My name is Juku. I am a film hobbyist and I have been using Kdenlive for
about 8 years. As I'm also a developer, I thought I would try my hand on
contributing to Kdenlive.

I have mostly been a web developer so far, so I do not have much experience
with C++ (except for some tutorials) and I have never done any Qt
development.

I viewed the "Junior Jobs" section in Kdenlive Development Information page
and tried to fix #384511 for start ("New project window does not fit to
laptop screen (1366x768)"). Thanks to a hint by Christoph Feck in the
comments below that bug, I got it fixed and submitted the patch (D14281
<https://phabricator.kde.org/D14281>) for review.

Currently I'm having some trouble with the automated tests. Should they
succeed in their current state or are there some known problems with them?

It would be helpful if someone would suggest some other tasks which I could
start with.

Thanks,
Juku