The future is almost here

Narcis Garcia informatica at actiu.net
Fri Jul 6 09:43:29 BST 2018

"Most of the code was rewritten, which also means many possible..."

I say: Some Kdenlive users need LTS versions instead of needing to be
trying latest AppImages forever.

Issues found in this kdenlive-18.08-beta17-x86_64 :

1. tested a clean DVD/PAL project: Add an MP4 to project {Audio AAC,
video H.264, clip monitor plays perfect}. When trying to drop in
timeline (first track, with label "V3"), action is prevented with a
message "No available audio track for split operation".
I suppost default project timeline should have well-ordered tracks:
V1,V2,A1,A2 and there should be a preferences option to not use new
separation feature.

2. Proxy clip seems to be only generated manually (not due to
preferences enablement).

3. Cut scissors seem to work only as a "direc tool"; no "cut clip"
action with context menu to cut on cursor position (I know there is a
main menu bar option).

4. File -> Open : Can't open folders with non-english characters in
their names (double-click and no effect).

5. Default folter to save projects should not be "Documents" but
"Videos" in user profile.

6. Theme and style switch process is a bit inconsistent, but there are
very good results with AppImage!

7. Is there som way to convert a project to be fully portable? I mean,
to Kdenlive gathers all related files and copies/moves them to a
selected folder (a project's one).
+ What is the: Project -> Archive project ?

Congratulations for reached stability this time.

El 06/07/18 a les 00:57, farid abdelnour ha escrit: