Approaching 18.04

Jean-Baptiste Mardelle jb at kdenlive.org
Fri Feb 9 15:54:23 UTC 2018

Hi all,

The schedule for 18.04 is approaching quickly as the dependency freeze is
in
5 weeks, which means we will need to merge to master in 4 weeks max.

Over the last weeks, I have been working daily to improve stability and
features of the refactoring and I have just uploaded the latest version:

https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/unstable/kdenlive-18.04-alpha10.AppImage.mirrorlist

Regarding the blocker issues, finishing the slowmotion integration is the
last major issue, as well as old project compatibility.

My plan is the following:
* Next week: finish slowmotion integration and reintroduce color picker in
effect parameters.
* If everything goes well release a first beta on the 16th of February

After that I will only work on stability/compatibility improvements.

I hope that we can achieve enough stability by the end of next week, so we
can decide on next café if everyone is ok with releasing that codebase to
the masses.

Please test the latest AppImage and report important workflow blockers on
the mailing list or phabricator: https://phabricator.kde.org/T7128

Recent changes in refactoring branch:
https://cgit.kde.org/kdenlive.git/log/?h=refactoring_timeline

Best regards