Issue with downloading new title templates

Candide Uyanze cuyan079 at uottawa.ca
Fri Dec 7 16:25:42 GMT 2018

Hello,

I'm currently using Kdenlive 18.08.2 on Windows 10, and noticed that when I
go to "Settings > Download New Title Templates" and try to install a new
template, I'm unable to find it (despite indicating that it's installed).

I've searched through the Kdenlive program files to see where the installed
titles could be saved, but couldn't find them. I noticed that the
pre-installed title templates were saved in the folder
"Kdenlive-18.08.2\data\titles", and it seems like the user-submitted title
templates that can be installed are hosted here:
https://store.kde.org/browse/cat/335/.

I've realized that if I downloaded the titles directly from the KDE Store,
unzipped the folder, and copied the .kdentitle files into the
"Kdenlive-18.08.2\data\titles"
folder, the templates appeared in the software.

For future releases, would it be possible for the Templates displayed in
the "Settings > Download New Title Templates" window to be directly saved
in that folder, as opposed to having to KDE store (as well as for the
wipes, keyboard configurations, and render profiles).

I would love to create some new title templates to share, and it would be a
lot easier for people to use them if they be downloaded inside the program.

Best,

Candide