R: Re: Output XDCAM footage with kdenlive

Massimo Stella maxstar at tin.it
Wed Apr 25 20:49:08 UTC 2018

I own an Xdcam Ex camera.
The video files it produces are mpeg2 35mbps blue-ray format in an mp4 container.
The complete object has a folder structure with metadatas
The main folder is named BPAV.
Inside we can find other 2 folders named TAKR and CLPR and 2 XML files
In the CLPR folder we find the MP4 video file and 4 files with the following extensions: SMI, PPN, XML and BIM
By clicking opening the MP4 file by mediainfo you can read the following iinfo:

General
Complete name :
/BPAV/CLPR/372_2064_01/372_2064_01.MP4
Format :
MPEG-4
Commercial name :
XDCAM EX 35
Format profile :
Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID :
mp42 (mp42)
File size :
1.82 GiB
Duration :
7mn 9s
Overall bit rate mode :
Variable
Overall bit rate :
36.5 Mbps
Encoded date :
UTC 2018-04-11 15:42:14
Tagged date :
UTC 2018-04-18 16:29:10
Video
ID :
1
Format :
MPEG Video
Commercial name :
XDCAM EX 35
Format version :
Version 2
Format profile :
Main at High
Format settings, BVOP :
Yes
Format settings, Matrix :
Custom
Format settings, GOP :
M=3, N=12
Codec ID :
61
Duration :
7mn 9s
Bit rate mode :
Variable
Bit rate :
35.0 Mbps
Width :
1 920 pixels
Height :
1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio :
16:9
Frame rate mode :
Constant
Frame rate :
25.000 fps
Standard :
Component
Color space :
YUV
Chroma subsampling :
4:2:0
Bit depth :
8 bits
Scan type :
Progressive
Compression mode :
Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) :
0.675
Stream size :
1.75 GiB (96%)
Language :
English
Encoded date :
UTC 2018-04-11 15:42:14
Tagged date :
UTC 2018-04-11 15:42:14
Color primaries :
BT.709
Transfer characteristics :
BT.709
Matrix coefficients :
BT.709
Audio
ID :
2
Format :
PCM
Format settings, Endianness :
Big
Format settings, Sign :
Signed
Codec ID :
twos
Duration :
7mn 9s
Bit rate mode :
Constant
Bit rate :
1 536 Kbps
Channel(s) :
2 channels
Sampling rate :
48.0 KHz
Bit depth :
16 bits
Stream size :
78.6 MiB (4%)
Language :
English
Encoded date :
UTC 2018-04-11 15:42:14
Tagged date :
UTC 2018-04-11 15:42:14

The only way you have to export the complete folder structure is  by using an old commercial Mainconcpet plugins.
If you just need the video file you can set the export in the proper way by using an mpeg4 container and a 35mbps mpeg2 Main at High with a 12 frames GOP.
You can try to do this by using this parameters:

f=mp4 vcodec=mpeg2video g=12 vb=35M acodec=pcm_s16be ar=48000

Massimo.