Output XDCAM footage with kdenlive

Jogchum Reitsma j.reitsma at hccnet.nl
Wed Apr 25 09:17:23 UTC 2018

Op 25-04-18 om 08:07 schreef Narcis Garcia:
> At: Settings -> Configure Kdenlive -> Project defaults
> you can find a small button near "Resolution" to manage your own profiles.
> At the moment of rendering, you have more options about a/v ratio.
Yes, I noticed that, thanks.

In that dialogue there is also an option to create a new profile. If one
chooses to do so, one can make changes in all aspects of the profile,
but there never is an option to really save the new profile with a new
name. They are, apparently, kept in ~/.local/share/kdenlive/profiles,
and named customprofileXX

In the standard profiles offered, I don't see the XDCAM-EX format I am
looking for. Since - IIUC - kdenlive's profiles are essentially those
offered by mlt, I would expect that all mlt's profiles were offered by
kdenlive. That is not the case, it seems to me.

I don't know where kdenlive keeps it's profiles. On my system, I have
/usr/share/kdenlive/profiles/, but it has only 8 profiles, way less than
what is offered in the dialogue.

It would be handy to have an option to go through the corresponding
directories of mlt, in my case
/usr/share/mlt-6/presets/consumer/avformat. As said in my first post, it
*does* have an XDCAM profile.

Btw, I forgot to mention that I work with kdenlive-18.04-rc.AppImage.

regards, Jogchum