Latest stable AppImage

Harald Albrecht harald.albrecht at gmx.net
Thu Apr 19 19:28:52 UTC 2018

Hi Jogchum,
18.08 is the separate refactoring branch using projects files (yet) incompatible with the stable series and thus 18.04. So, yes, this is by design. Also, older Kdenlive releases can't read projects which bear a higher format version than they support themselves. Usually, new project features were introduced withe new releases, and thus the project format version bumped up. However, newer versions can read older version up to a certain level. This does not apply or only very limited to the refactoring branch.
Best regards,Harald

-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------Von: Jogchum Reitsma <j.reitsma at hccnet.nl> Datum: 19.04.18  21:16  (GMT+01:00) An: kdenlive at kde.org Betreff: Re: Latest stable AppImage

    Op 11-04-18 om 20:45 schreef
      Jean-Baptiste Mardelle:

    Hi
      all,

      I just uploaded the latest AppImage candidate for the stable
      branch(18.04):

https://files.kde.org/kdenlive/unstable/kdenlive-18.04-rc.AppImage.mirrorlist

      This AppImage includes all the latest fixes:

      * Fix regression in 17.12.3 breaking fades and geometry keyframes
      on resize

      * Fix startup crash in some configs

      * Fix luma in wipe transition not found after saving project

      * Stop warning about missing app for DVD

      * Fix lowres icons on High DPI

      * Fix download resources (render profiles, etc) sometimes broken

      * As well as the latest MLT version fixing the alpha transparency
      of some 10bit YUV formats.

      Translations are missing, I hope to get them back for the final
      18.04 release.

      Please test and report problems quickly so I can maybe improve the
      AppImage for the final release (19th of april).

      Regards

      jb

    Hi,

    With this
      release, I can't open projects created with
      kdenlive-18.08-beta0.AppImage. It reports

      This
        project type is unsupported (version 0.97) and can't be loaded.
      Please
        consider upgrading your Kdenlive version.

    Is this by
      design, or is something going wrong?

    regards,
      Jogchum Reitsma