Camtasia Editing Method

harald.albrecht harald.albrecht at gmx.net
Tue Nov 28 17:02:26 UTC 2017

Hi Andrew,
off my head it should work in Kdenlive as follows, see also https://thediveo-e.blogspot.de/2016/05/kdenlive-ui-advanced-editing-timeline.html; yeah, I need to migrate such stuff to kdenlive.org some day.
1. set in and out points in timeline using the I and O shortcuts; the so-called region.2. Ctrl+space plays only the region.3. Shift+X removes the region, moving trailing stuff to fill the gap.
Best regards,Harald
-------- Ursprüngliche Nachricht --------Von: Andrew Crouthamel <crouthamela at gmail.com> Datum: 28.11.17  16:27  (GMT+01:00) An: kdenlive at kde.org Betreff: Camtasia Editing Method
Hi everyone,

Is there a way to edit in the way Camtasia works? I find it highly efficient.

Basically, the timeline selector has two drag-able handles on either side, allowing you to select a piece of track. Hitting the spacebar plays that selection to verify you have the correct stuff you want to remove. Then CTRL+X to cut it out. The timeline then snaps flush together to make it seamless.

It really limits the amount of clicking involved and I find I can edit lots of mistakes out of a screencast very quickly.

There is a short video of this under "Cut out Mistakes" here: https://www.techsmith.com/tutorial-camtasia-record-edit-share.html

If anyone knows how to do this in kdenlive, I would appreciate it.

---
Andrew Crouthamel