Camtasia Editing Method

Andrew Crouthamel crouthamela at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 15:27:47 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to edit in the way Camtasia works? I find it highly
efficient.

Basically, the timeline selector has two drag-able handles on either side,
allowing you to select a piece of track. Hitting the spacebar plays that
selection to verify you have the correct stuff you want to remove. Then
CTRL+X to cut it out. The timeline then snaps flush together to make it
seamless.

It really limits the amount of clicking involved and I find I can edit lots
of mistakes out of a screencast very quickly.

There is a short video of this under "Cut out Mistakes" here:
https://www.techsmith.com/tutorial-camtasia-record-edit-share.html

If anyone knows how to do this in kdenlive, I would appreciate it.

---
Andrew Crouthamel