Refactoring App Image

Harald Albrecht harald.albrecht at gmx.net
Sat Jun 24 15:40:43 UTC 2017

Hi,

just  gave the refactoring branch AppImage a try on my Kubuntu 16.10 and
tried to load my existing projects (hm, Devil's advocate, probably) ...
but that didn't work quite the way I expected; wasn't there some note
about (not) importing old projects? ;) Most project bin clips don't turn
up and the timeline is very, erm, minimalist upon trying to load an
existing project. :)

So I toyed a little around using some clips. One thing I noticed is that
right after start the tracks are "normalized" (for lack of a better
term), but don't show the control buttons for no-audio, no-video,
locked. Only after minimizing them and normalizing them again the
buttons show up for me.

At start the timeline seems to default to some initial default length
about 10mins or so?

Alas, it's good to see that there are now AppImages coming so we can
play around with them. Many, many thanks for all the hard work spent on
refactoring to bring Kdenlive to this point!

Best regards,
Harald