GSOC 2017

farid abdelnour snd.noise at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 02:12:36 UTC 2017

Ciao Massimo,

Hi Farid,
> I have a list of features I wrote some time ago.
> Par of this list is our roadmap at today:
>
> Refactoring timeline for acheiving:
> - Advanced trimming features
> - Single track transitions
> - Multicam Editing
> - More sequences nesting
> and
> - Mixer audio
> - Secondary color correction
> - improve titler
>
> Then I have a list of ideas I'm collecting for the future, when all these
> fundamental feature will be already implemented:
> - DCP export
> - Slowmovideo integration
> - Spotlight effects
> - Rolling shutter compensation
> - Stereoscopic 3D support
> - 360 video stitch
> - 3D Titler
>
> I hope this can be useful.

Great ideas and very useful indeed, thanks for sharing. I might be wrong
but, I proposed those ideas thinking in something feasible both for
students and mentors. We need to see who is available to mentor the
students. I ask again if it would be possible to get some help from KDE
devs for mentoring, can we ask for something like this? I was also thinking
in asking if Dan (MLT, Shotcut) or Janne (Flowblade) could help out in some
MLT mentoring since it would help all the projects. (Maybe they can even
propose other features for MLT and mentor them under KDE/Kdenlive
umbrella.) Again do you think that is a good idea to try to make it happen?

> Thanks for stimulating the discussion about it. In my opinion you have to
> go forward on the wiki.

Thanks for your support, I will find some time to develop further some
thoughts and write them on the wiki.

Cheers

> Massimo

Take care!

PS
I will join you soon in phabricator for some ideas for the refactoring.