Translation and developper proposal

Jean-Baptiste Mardelle jb at kdenlive.org
Sat Feb 25 11:48:43 UTC 2017

On Saturday, February 25, 2017 12:13:51 PM CET, Gilles Maire wrote:
> Hello
>
> I got KdenLive working with the git release.

Hi Gilles, nice to hear.

> I needed to  learn more cmakelist to compile Kdenlive in debug mode.

This is usually set by the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE option that can be set to
"Debug" or "Release"

> I have now some personal work to do with real clips, I I
> propose you in a first time:
>
> - to debug the crashes and correct if I can find the problem
> - to translate in french the actual release
> - You have 247 warnings in compilation I will try to reduce this  number

Be aware that we are in the middle of a refactoring so most code related to
timeline operations is being rewritten.

Regarding patches, the policy is usually that you send us your first
patches, either by mail or through phabricator (you should get a login at
identity.kde.org): https://phabricator.kde.org/differential/diff/create/

Then if everything goes well and you are interested to contribute, we can
give you write access on KDE's git repository (that will require ssh keys
that you can upload on your account)

> If you are ok I will need to push in the next future. I don't
> know github but  more sourceforge. I work on 4 computers. Do I
> need to send you 4 public ssh keys?

Welcome and don't hesitate to ask whenever you encounter a problem.

Regards
jb