question: mixed vc separate clips

farid abdelnour snd.noise at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 19:06:25 UTC 2017

So to move forward with our decision we can ask some editing communities
what they feel about each approach. The text could be something like this:

"Kdenlive <http://kdenlive.org/> is a Free and Open Source video editor
developed and maintained by a community of hackers and video makers. We are
currently doing a code refactoring which will be taking a step forward in
making our software more suitable for professional use. We'd like to hear
what the editors of this community think about:

Mixed audio/video clips vs Separate audio/video clips

Currently we have it both ways, the editor chooses which paradigm to use
but we are thinking of switching exclusively to the separate clips
approach."

The thing is I don't think it is very clear the explanation of mixed vs
separate tracks. We need to develop the text further. Could anyone help me
doing this?

If we don't get quorum from other editors, another approach could be to
evaluate how other video editing programs work but for that we need people
with access to those tools.

Massimo has a strong opinion which makes a lot of sense specially when you
think about other features like the audio mixer. On the other hand having
this flexibility makes Kdenlive standout. I am still undecided as I see
pluses and cons from both ways. So hearing more people will help us make an
informed decision, right?

--
1111.1010.r.i.1101|n.o.i.s.1110|i.m.1010.g.1110|مقاومة
fsf member #5439