Kdenlive Crashes oin start up

Vincent Pinon vpinon at kde.org
Sat Apr 29 21:33:54 UTC 2017

Le samedi 29 avril 2017, 16:42:02 CEST Douglas Pollard a écrit :
> I am making a video of mostly pictures and some Video. When Kdenlive it
> starts for a couple of seconds and then crashes.  I opened kdenlive in
> the Terminal and below is the error.   I guess this error is shutting
> the program down?  Can someone help with a solution?  This is the last
> entry so am guessing this is the problem. I have a 30 minutes of video
> not far from finished so don't want to loose it.   Thanks for any help I
> have little Knowledge of terminal use so will need a detailed solution
> if possible.   Doug Pollard
>

> * * *CREATED PROD:  "/home/douglas/Music/Clenched Teeth.mp3"  =
> "/home/douglas/Music/Clenched Teeth.mp3"
> [NULL @ 0x7fd1b000bba0] start time for stream 0 is not set in
> estimate_timings_from_pts
> [NULL @ 0x7fd1b000d440] start time for stream 0 is not set in
> estimate_timings_from_pts
> [NULL @ 0x7fd1b0492ac0] start time for stream 0 is not set in
> estimate_timings_from_pts
> [NULL @ 0x7fd1d229ba20] start time for stream 0 is not set in
> estimate_timings_from_pts
> [NULL @ 0x7fd1d229aee0] start time for stream 0 is not set in
> estimate_timings_from_pts
> [NULL @ 0x7fd1d2a01240] start time for stream 0 is not set in
> estimate_timings_from_pts
> FOUND GUIDES:  0
> Segmentation fault

Hi Doug,

Did you try to get help on the forum first? It is a more appropriate place...

Can you give more details about distribution you use, Kdenlive version (+MLT version, Qt version, available in the Help/About dialog).
Then we may help you to install an update or a debug version to get more info to solve the problem.
Good luck!

Vincent