Kdenlive's bug squasing day

Jean-Baptiste Mardelle jb at kdenlive.org
Sun Nov 27 23:35:55 UTC 2016

On Sunday, November 27, 2016 11:29:32 PM CET, farid abdelnour wrote:
> Hey
>
> Like we decided in last café, here are my proposal dates for
> Kdenlive's "bug squashing" day. I think the best would be to
> make it next week, since Kdenlive 16.12 will be prepared on the
> 8th, released on the 15th.
>
> Fantastic.
>
> I can be available for the bug squasing next week on friday
> (2nd of december, between 9am-5pm) or sunday (4th of december,
> 2pm-10pm).
>
> If you want to participate, you can add yourself to the date
> poll through this link: https://framadate.org/mPFytijmxF7W5G6c

Thanks to all who already replied so quickly, looks like that first bug
squashing day will be next friday, 2nd of december.

I have started a draft for the announcement, will finish and publish
tomorrow. I have also prepared a coordination notepad:
https://notes.kde.org/public/kdenlive-bugsquashing01

For those with a KDE identity login, feel free to add things if you think
it is useful or important

> So far i might make it, i am doing some field filming and dont
> know the schedules yet.

Great if you can spend some time with us!

> On tuesday, 29th of november, I will prepare updated versions
> of the AppImage and snap packages that can be used as a test
> ground for all participants to confirm if a bug is still there
> in current git.
>
> Will it be recommended for users to use only those versions or
> can the use their system's git package?

Correct, in fact people can also use current git or our kdenlive-master
PPA. I will update the info.

> Definitely, the sooner you post it the better. Then I will
> spread it everywhere I can on the web.

Yes, going for some sleep now and will publish tomorrow.

Greetings,

jb