[kdenlive] Library clips hang Kdenlive

Harald Albrecht harald.albrecht at gmx.net
Tue Mar 29 17:46:39 UTC 2016

Hi,
I've noticed that recently Kdenlive git master has upgraded its file version. Since that time I'm seeing Kdenlive hung when trying to expand library clips that were created with an older Kdenlive git master. I'm not sure if this file version change is the reason for some library clips making Kdenlive hang during expansion, so I'm first asking here if others are seeing this issue too?
What makes me wonder is this: Kdenlive hung reproducible with a certain library clip. After I've deleted the library clip and recreated it using the recent git master Kdenlive I could next successfully expand this library clip. This library clip consists of a single clip but with several effects, such as fade from and to black, RGB curve, Hue curve, and some other effects.
So ... do library clips upgraded to the recent Kdenlive version at all during expansion? If not, then why is upgrading required for Kdenlive projects (which seem to be some giant playlist) but not for library clips/MLT playlists...?
With best regards, Harald