[kdenlive] MLT FilterLoudness

Roger Morton ttguy1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 21:39:53 UTC 2016

I guess this is this
https://www.mltframework.org/bin/view/MLT/FilterLoudness

Which "Correct audio loudness as recommended by EBU R128."
EBU R128 is
https://tech.ebu.ch/docs/r/r128.pdf

The EBU has studied the needs of audio signal levels in production,
distribution and transmission of broadcast programmes. It is of the opinion
that an audio-levelling paradigm based on loudness measurement is needed.
The EBU recommends the measurement of the average loudness of a programme
(‘Programme Loudness’) for the normalisation of audio signals. The
measurement of the ‘Maximum True Peak Level’ of an audio signal is
recommended to comply with the technical limits of the complete signal
chain. The measures ‘Loudness Range’, ‘Maximum Momentary Loudness’ and
‘Maximum Short-term Loudness’ can be used to further characterise an audio
signal as well as to fulfil the aesthetic needs of each programme/station
depending on the genre(s), the target audience and the distribution
platform.

So yeah. It would be cool to support this.

I wonder how hard this job would be for me.  I might try if I get bored.
But don't wait up !!!