[kdenlive] Monitor context menu: overlays

Jean-Baptiste Mardelle jb at kdenlive.org
Sat Mar 5 17:27:27 UTC 2016

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 6:09:29 PM CET, Harald Albrecht wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I'm currently writing a loose series about smaller and bigger
> Kdenlive UI improvements that were landed in the 15.x series.
> One thing that dazzles me as I don't seem to understand their
> difference is:
>
> 1. Monitor Info Overlay -- this shows the guide text or In
> Zone/Out Zone when the playhead is on the corresponding frame.
>
> 2. Monitor Overlay Markers -- seems to do the same.

Good point, I had to test it to remember what is the difference.

In fact, the "Monitor Info Overlay" is a global switch that turns on/off
all overlays.

Then we have 3 different overlay options (timecode, safe zone, markers)
that control individual option

Maybe we should rename "Monitor Info Overlay" to "Enable Monitor Overlay" ?

Regards
jb