[kdenlive] Kdenlive website and brand logo?

jb jb at kdenlive.org
Thu Mar 3 14:40:09 UTC 2016

Le 03.03.16 15:21, farid abdelnour a écrit :
> hey jesse and people

Hi all,

Sorry, I must admit that I skip most mails related to the website. This
is really not due to a lack of interest or because I dislike the
proposals, but mostly to keep my workload manageable. I would very
gladely let someone else entirely manage the website, and I think
Vincent's position is rather similar. Should probably have made it clear
from the beginning. That being said I agree that the developers need to
give some feedback.

>     (1) Maybe have the "k" capitalized in kdenlive?
>

> ok.
>
>     (2) The audio bars are awsome, because they symbolize the audio
>     aspect of film. I also like the blue arc on the ride side, but
>     maybe consider somehow making arc itself into a film strip? I feel
>     a brand logo should instantly send a message to the viewer. If
>     it's just audio bars and an arc (and the playback position, of
>     course, which is VERY well placed), one might think it's just an
>     audio eding program. As you know, the program name "Kdenlive"
>     doesn't by itself reveal much about it's purpose to the user. No
>     one would know that it stands for "KDE Non-Linear Interactive
>     Video Editor", you know? Changing the arc into a symbold like a
>     film strip would almost globally be understood to represent
>     movies, I think.

I also really like the split audio / video part, and agree with Farid
that the filmstrip is kind of outdated, but if you have ideas for a
small change that would make the video part easier to recognize it would
be nice.

Another question is how do you see the logo / application icon
relationship ?

I think the app icon should somehow relate to the logo, so do you think
we should create a new app icon ?

Keep up the good work, and thanks Jesse and others for stepping into
this as I think it is important that the changes can be discussed (even
if I really don't participate a lot).
> the thing is i really dislike the oncept of the film strip. we dont
> use film we work with video and we should consider that. also the arc
> used if yu notice is the shape of the old logo's film strip ;)
>
> we are going to take some of this considerations and send another
> proposal soon.
>
> although i confess that not hearing some input from the devs makes me
> think that they didn't like it.
Regards,

jb