[kdenlive] Kdenlive website and brand logo?

farid abdelnour snd.noise at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 14:21:24 UTC 2016

hey jesse and people

(1) Maybe have the "k" capitalized in kdenlive?

ok.

> (2) The audio bars are awsome, because they symbolize the audio aspect of
> film. I also like the blue arc on the ride side, but maybe consider somehow
> making arc itself into a film strip? I feel a brand logo should instantly
> send a message to the viewer. If it's just audio bars and an arc (and the
> playback position, of course, which is VERY well placed), one might think
> it's just an audio eding program. As you know, the program name "Kdenlive"
> doesn't by itself reveal much about it's purpose to the user. No one would
> know that it stands for "KDE Non-Linear Interactive Video Editor", you
> know? Changing the arc into a symbold like a film strip would almost
> globally be understood to represent movies, I think.

the thing is i really dislike the oncept of the film strip. we dont use
film we work with video and we should consider that. also the arc used if
yu notice is the shape of the old logo's film strip ;)

we are going to take some of this considerations and send another proposal
soon.

although i confess that not hearing some input from the devs makes me think
that they didn't like it.

cheers.