[kdenlive] Beware of git master ... as I was told

Harald Albrecht harald.albrecht at gmx.net
Thu Jun 23 08:17:35 UTC 2016

Vincent,

hopefully you'll notice that I understand and highly appreciate what JB
is doing! So this is no bashing. My experience is that it is difficult
to iron out all the issue when *not* working on real projects. Yes, this
is inherently dangerous. I know that, and I'm willing to take some pain
for the sake of improving Kdenlive.

I'm only asking for starting a stabilization phase as the timeline code
seems to be in a critical situation at this time. We have really good
new stuff, such as the advanced editing and preview rendering. But if it
doesn't sit on a solid timeline code and we see corruption than we all
will be in for a very bad surprise as 16.08 (not 16.10, I'm learning
*snicker*) is rapidly approaching.

Best regards,
Harald