[kdenlive] Beware of git master ... as I was told

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:03:28 UTC 2016

Oh, I know _exactly_ how that feels.
Even saving often is no help, as the project looks ok, it's only when you
load it back up that the corruption becomes apparent.
I have changed my  routine to be: save, then revert to last saved version.
This generally allows me to catch these timeline corruptions early.

There are a few of my bugs open on some of the timeline corruptions that I
could pin down.

Now, this is only my opinion, but it "feels" like this part of the project
is getting so complicated that small changes to the way the timeline
operates has many unintended side effects. I've seen JBM make some
refactoring attempts there, from the git commits.

Kind regards,
Evert

On 23 June 2016 at 08:52, Harald Albrecht <harald.albrecht at gmx.net> wrote:

> The git master has some terrible issues with moving clips. I've just lost
> half an hour work; have backups though. Nevertheless it is no fun to notice
> severe timeline corruption only quite some time later. I've already
> reported several timeline corruption issues in the past weeks.
>
> Does anybody know here when we will enter the phase of stabilizing git
> master?
>
> Best regards,
> Harald

Evert Vorster