[kdenlive] Kdenlive release cycles

Harald Albrecht harald.albrecht at gmx.net
Sat Jun 18 18:53:53 UTC 2016

:) 3x times a year, correct!

Von: tsdgeos at yahoo.es
Datum: 18.06.2016  20:43  (GMT+01:00)
An: Harald Albrecht <harald.albrecht at gmx.net>, kdenlive at kde.org
Betreff: Re: [kdenlive] Kdenlive release cycles

Next will be 16.08 not 16.10, we're not Ubuntu.

Cheers,
 Albert

Enviat des del meu telèfon intel·ligent BlackBerry 10.
  Missatge original
De: Harald Albrecht
Enviat: dissabte 18 de juny de 2016 20.18
Per a: kdenlive at kde.org
Tema: Re: [kdenlive] Kdenlive release cycles

€.02:

1. git Applications/xx.yy is the recent stable version including bug
fixes. This branch follows the KDE Project's versioning scheme.
Currently, we see git Kdenlive Applications/16.04, with tags for 16.04,
16.04.1, 16.04.2. Next stable branch will be Applications 16.10. Normal
users please stay on these branches. These branches receive backported
fixes as we also find them in the main development branch. Jean-Baptiste
does an incredible good job on this!

2. git master is unstable. git master is unstable. git master is
unstable. git master is ... unstable!

It is currently in a mixed state, stability depends on what you intend
to do. Use at your own risk or to report bugs. Some bugs I've noticed
are duplicates of transitions that basically trash your project when
moving a clip group containing transitions. Another one is that sometime
keyframes cannot be set on effects, as the keyframe table view seems to
get completely out of sync with the MLT keyframes and messes up offsets.

Best regards,
Harald