[kdenlive] Quick news about sprint last weekend: GSoC work merged and more

Vincent Pinon vpinon at kde.org
Tue Feb 2 21:52:04 UTC 2016

Hello,

we didn't find time to blog, so I just let you know before we publish more things in few days:
I went last weekend to JB's flat and we've been working hard during 2 days.

1st evening discussion about on-going things and short-term things
(few things we think we can achieve for 16.04, website questions etc)

then focus on our goal: making smoothed keyframes to work nicely.
We studied and adapted the work from Bhatti Gurjot last summer, thanks again to him.
However, due to wrong understanding (bug?) in MLT API, I lost much time
and as I am quite stubborn I couldn't switch to anything else until it finally worked just when I arrived back home :-\

The code is available in git, but we didn't update yet the effects descriptions
(not thought how to keep our backwards compatibilty)
so you can't test for the moment  :-(

3 very short nights and back to normal busy life, so we need few days more to recover.

cheers, see you at next café!

Vincent.