Windows port progress, etc

Iwan Gabovitch qubodup at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 23:53:31 UTC 2016

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the progress. It is extremely impressive!

I recorded testing Kdenlive on Windows:
https://youtu.be/fk7yiYxqQWc

The most noticeable things missing in the Kdenlive binary:
1. I can't use CTRL+S to save, it seems to use a /D:/path/file.kdenlive
format, which might be the issue, or it's perhaps a file-lock feature that
doesn't exist on UNIX.
2. Couldn't find wipe transitions.
3. Composite and Transform is a rotation transition which seems to crash
Kdenlive.

In a previous message, the question was raised where to host windows test
binaries. I can recommend TuxFamily and BitBucket. Examples:
http://pdsounds.tuxfamily.org/
https://bitbucket.org/rude/love/downloads

BitBucket probably be easier to set up. Here are the registration links:
https://www.tuxfamily.org/en/subscribe
https://bitbucket.org/account/signup/

In my opinion, fixing the CTRL+S feature would be enough for a public
special release.

Cheers,
Iwan